Monday, October 31, 2022

Ja das ist dank

Merry Halloween! Hope the festivities are going well back over there in the land of spooky season. I've missed the super decked out houses and the trick or treating, but hey, there's always next year. Even though Cyprus isn't super big on Halloween, the Limassol branch put on a trunk or treat last night, and that was fresh. Got about 4 pieces of candy and I'm satisfied. The branch president and his wife are american, and they ordered tootsie rolls over. I ate 2 of them and I am definitely going to be able to make it through the rest of the mission now. I'm filled with determination and grit thanks to those candies. Eat some tootsie rolls for me everyone. 

In the spirit of Halloween we also had a party at district council. Though our costumes weren't much, we had some great food. I spent 2 1/2 hours the night before making up a ton of mashed potatoes and sloppy joe stuff. Gave us some good leftovers for the rest of the week. 

Other than that, I honestly don't have too much to report. Teaching and finding is going well as always in Cyprus. The Lord has a lot for us to do and it's a great privilege to be here doing it. We met a couple more cool dudes from Cameroon this week, and we had a good lesson with them. They even came to the trunk or treat with us last night which was way cool. So did our homie Steve. 

Our work these days requires a lot of driving back and forth between Limassol and Paphos, but it's honestly kinda nice because it keeps things interesting. We just trek back and forth teaching our friends over there and here. The Lord has a lot for us to be doing it seems. 

On a more weird and random note, Elder Nilsson and I found out we can use the projector we have as a blacklight when we reflect it off our wall, so we've been having some fun with that. Created some good album covers. 

Also I am staying in Cyprus for at least another 2 weeks I think. Κιο εστ σχουμ ε μιρ

Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment

The End *accompanied by very little sleep and long plane rides*

This is indeed the end. The final email. I hope any of you have enjoyed reading some of these and seeing pictures from the amazing work out ...