Monday, October 24, 2022

Driving Stick On the Wrong Side

Hey bros and not bros! In case you are bored and don't have much else to do, here is an email of some random happenings from this last week. Please enjoy. 

For those of you interested in the happenings of the work, we did a cool little experiment as a mission this week. On tuesday we had a mission-wide finding day where we did all of our studies in the morning and then between the hours of 10:30 and 9 all we did was find. No lessons, no naps, just finding new friends. It was pretty cool, though it was a long and tiring day. We had a lot of success doing a book of mormon stand by the marina and made a cool friend from afghanistan. We might not be able to teach him much since Afghanistan is not a friendly place for the church, but he loves the Book of Mormon so far. We've also been having mega success doing online finding. It's kinda been a little overwhelming really. The work rolls on. 

I also had an exchange with my homie Elder Garrick in Nicosia. In Nicosia they drive a nice manual ford van. Very fun to get the hang of, especially in nicosia which is kind of a hilly city. Having to shift gears with my left hand was kinda whack but it got my adrenaline going and it was fun. Also got to play soccer with a bunch of africans that just smoked us. I was hoping to get better at soccer on my mission, but I don't think it's working. The people we play with are just way too skilled. Nicosia is also a divided city. The north side is occupied by turkey, so we wandered up there for a few minutes for fun. Kinda cool. 

We actually went back up to north cyprus today as well. We drove over with the elders and sisters from nicosia in the van because it had the insurance, and we saw a cool castle. We also ate some relatively affordable food so that was nice. Most places in south cyprus are frickin rigged they're so expensive. Anyways, it was a party. Gotta love these pdays with the homies. 

My time in Cyprus is running out though. I think I'll probably be moved here in a couple weeks or so. We'll see!

I also got access to some calvin and hobbes I've been reading in my spare time. I included some favorites. 

Also also don't think we're apostate for not wearing tags in the pictures at the castle. Tags aren't allowed in Turkey. How inconvenient. 

Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment

The End *accompanied by very little sleep and long plane rides*

This is indeed the end. The final email. I hope any of you have enjoyed reading some of these and seeing pictures from the amazing work out ...