Monday, September 19, 2022

I Caulked The Kitchen!

Γεια σας τι κανετε;

There you go there's some simple greek greetings so that the email looks legit. Speaking of legit, today I rode a camel. 

But hey, Cyprus is treating me well, and when I say well I mean real well. It even blessed us with having to wage war on the bugs in our kitchen. It's not something I've had to deal with until now actually. All of the apartments in the north countries are really nice because they're cheap to rent. They don't have many serious problems. Down here it is not the same haha. These apartments look a little bit more like what I expected from missionary apartments before coming out. They are pretty good, but of course they've got their quirks. They're definitely nicer than the apartments we stayed in when I did sales though, so I'm at least grateful for that. 

Anyways, this week I have been very grateful for my father and my uncles for the service they've done for me in teaching me how to caulk. As we were cleaning the kitchen and spraying bugs trying to send them into oblivion, I was realizing that there were a lot of open cracks between the wall and cupboards and windows and such that had never been filled in with caulk or seals that had long ago been compromised, so I had the genius idea of buying a caulk gun and just taking care of it myself. (Waiting for the landlord to do stuff is the worst because it takes forever/they never do anything). We spent a grand total of 4 euro and came home with a good ol gun and some caulk and I returned to my roots. Pretty fun. There's still bugs but we are trying to starve them now by continuing to spray and keeping all food on our table on the other side of the room. We think it might be working. Updates to come.

The work is going great. We have had a lot of referrals come in since I got here and the majority of them have been really solid. We've met with a lot of them and given them copies of the Book of Mormon/taught them about what it is. Gotta say, doing so many Book of Mormon lessons has been really powerful for me. Something about doing them in English too is just really good. I genuinely love this book so much. It is powerful and changes lives and it's just so cool to be able to be giving a lesson and to look down and see the Book of Mormon in my hand. That probably doesn't make a lot of sense but I've had some really cool moments in the last couple weeks. 

I've also finally started studying some Isaiah in order to actually keep up with the come follow me manual and man, it is so good. I've been using some podcasts and other old testament student manuals for some help understanding but I am having a good time. Isaiah is so dope. 

Now I have a request for those of you that have read until now. When I first got here, I told the short story of a guy named Alex that we randomly called from our contacts and came to church. We had some amazing lessons with him after, but starting last week he told us that he has something going on and hasn't been able to make it to our meetings. We have asked him if everything is alright, and he told us that it wasn't but that hopefully it would be better soon. If you guys are willing, I'd like to ask you to pray for Alex that whatever is going on might be resolved and that he can continue to progress and grow closer to God, the best source of guidance and comfort in this life. 

Okay yup it's been dope. I miss Albania a lot and all of the missionaries up there, but it's still great down here. I'll learn to settle in with these guys here as well, given time of course. 

God bless! 

Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment

The End *accompanied by very little sleep and long plane rides*

This is indeed the end. The final email. I hope any of you have enjoyed reading some of these and seeing pictures from the amazing work out ...