Monday, August 8, 2022

This is goated gezohemi shume

Hey fam and others that are basically like family, sorry I failed you all last week by not emailing. I try not to drop off the face of the earth like many missionaries do, but I honestly feel like there is not a lot to report on all of the time so my apologies. That's not to say that nothing is going on, but it's kinda just the same stuff over and over again every week. It really is kinda getting monotonous. I have been here in Lushnjë a really dang long time. BUT we find ways to make it interesting. For example, we found a way to play two player catan for comp study and I did a really good job creating the roman empire and completely stifiling the growth of my beloved companion. I've also been trying to do some more work on Facebook and the likes, because even though I'm not super fond of it, if I've been given it as a tool to help spread the gospel I should probably use it for things other than just making sure you're all still alive hahaha. 

Some unique stuff this week did happen though I gotta give it some credit. For instance a member got super mad at me and called me a liar and a deceiver because he came early to our FHE activity out in the town and the old lady told him it wasn't happening because we weren't there yet. He called me to yell at me while we were actually holding this meeting and when I said I needed to hang up to keep the meeting going he said "No I called YOU this call is only done when I say it is!". I humored that thought only for about 10 more seconds before I was forced to hang up on the guy. Gotta love cranky albanians.

Fun fact time: we are eating a ton of watermelon. Every time we have a presidency meeting, brother hazizi brings out half of a watermelon chopped up. Every time we are at Besnik's house, he chops up half a watermelon and makes us eat it all before we can start the lesson or take him to FHE. With those, we usually have this happen to us at least 3 or 4 times a week. Not to mention Besnik has also given us like 5 full watermelons to take home. It's totally chill though because they taste so good. Gotta enjoy it while they're here! This is my last watermelon season in Albania :(( To switch it up today I ate an entire cantaloupe on my own for dinner. Fruit is delicious. 

Speaking of Besnik, he is now tentatively on date to be baptized! I am super excited. We are aiming for the end of October. With this being the case we got permission to take him and his kids with us to a baptism in Berat on Saturday. That was super fun but I had to babysit during a church meeting for the first time in a while. I had to use my legs as a barricade to keep the little kid from leaving the row. It was just like the good old days in church with my young siblings.

But the real reason that this email is goated and that we gezohemi shume is that we got transfer calls. Elder Esquivel is going to return!!! We were mercilessly ripped apart 6 months ago when I got transferred here to Lushnjë, and now we will have the chance to serve together again for the next transfer while he gets trained to become the next branch president. :D Very very stoked. Eski is the best. We will pick him up tomorrow morning. My current companion, Elder Gallagher is actually getting transferred to Thessaloniki in Greece so that's dope too! It was quite the exciting transfer call for the both of us. 

Anyways, things should pick back up a little here in Lushnjë. I'll be needing to get Elder Eski all learned up with the area so he can take the mantle and level up. I'm not suggesting that I'm on a higher level than him because he's literally the coolest guy and best missionary, but he will definitely level up even more than he already has because serving in the branch presidency helps you to grow a lot.

Random fact and thing you can maybe try at home: we ripped off the skin of an old soccer ball today to make a mega bouncy kickball and then used it to play 4 square. It was amazing. One of the best games ever. We used the churchs chalkboard chalk to draw our squares in the parking lot. Very very very dope even though it was like 100 degrees and we were dripping constant sweat. 

Have a super good week and be super dope like always!

Lushnjë Week 23

Lushnjë Week 24

No comments:

Post a Comment

The End *accompanied by very little sleep and long plane rides*

This is indeed the end. The final email. I hope any of you have enjoyed reading some of these and seeing pictures from the amazing work out ...