Monday, January 31, 2022

The Climax of My Life - Feeding Strangers

So flipping mire. A wild and busy week. Lots of interesting things. I wanna call my family today too so this might be a shorter email. Maybe. I'm not good at writing only a small amount. Let me know how I do.

Okay I have two things I want to share. First off, this week Elder Esquivel and I had the opportunity to drive a member family from the airport back to their home in Korça. It's about a 3-4 hour drive which was fun. The benefit of this though was that we got to pick up the big Ford transit from the mission office and use it to take them. That thing is flipping awesome. We got to keep it for the entire weekend until we took it back up to Tirana today and it was a good time. For those of you who don't know, a lot of my time learning how to drive was spent in a 15 passenger van that my family owns. I'm pretty comfortable driving a big vehicle already, but this Ford Transit is a diesel which means its got flipping POWER. I was ripping around the streets of Albania in that thing like I've never done in any vehicle before. So much fun. Anyways, that's half of the title. Kinda trained my whole life for that short 3 day epic experience. I need to get myself a Ford transit one day. 

Okay now a story. Last night was very weird for us. We were chilling in our teaching center trying to join the mission zoom so we could have our weekly come follow me with the missionaries, when we hear footsteps and loud voices coming up the stairs. We go to investigate, and we find these 3 random people. To our great surprise as well, they ended up speaking English and explained that they were actually missionaries of a nondenominational Christian organization that does mission trips throughout Europe. We got talking to them and they were super dope! One of them was from the Netherlands, one from Norway, and one from Switzerland. Very very cool interactions for sure. Anyways, after a bit we eventually asked what they were doing at our teaching center, and they explained that them and the other missionaries in the city are doing something called "Faith days" where they go out for a few days without taking any thought for what they will eat or where they will sleep and just trust God. Kind of a cool concept, but this was the reason they were at the center. Some guy told them there were Americans that could help them so they came hahaha. Unfortunately we could not help them with the sleeping arrangements, but we did have some great discussions with them. They were very curious about our mission experiences so we exchanged a lot of stories and good conversation about how all of our missions were going. They also asked us a lot of questions about the church and what was different about that, so we basically ended up teaching them the entire restoration of the gospel which was super dank. Anyways, after a while we became buddies and felt bad that we couldn't really help them so we decided to make them some food since we've got a kitchen at our teaching center. So, we ended up running back to our house. Grabbing rice, beef, and broccoli, running back to the center, and cooking them up a nice dinner so that they didn't starve. It tasted very good and I'm proud of my guy Eski for doing such a good job. Yeah it was definitely one of the weirdest moments of my mission so far because it was just so random and unexpected, but we are grateful for the experience and God honestly probably did lead them to us for, at the very least, food and good conversation. Definitely something to remember hahaha.

Well that is going to wrap up my email. Still not super short sorry about that but I hope you enjoy it!

Cauuuuu

No comments:

Post a Comment

The End *accompanied by very little sleep and long plane rides*

This is indeed the end. The final email. I hope any of you have enjoyed reading some of these and seeing pictures from the amazing work out ...