Monday, February 7, 2022

Çuni u pagëzua! Grinding and sliding.

This was one of those weeks where I honestly don't really know what happened hahahah. It is just a blur especially serving with the legendary Elder Esquivel since we just get things done. We have been grinding hard and it feels so good. I am so fulfilled I cannot even express it haha I love it. 

Random thing - finally got my Christmas package from my family and they are the coolest. Got some good books, games, clothes, and best of all marshmallow mateys. I have really been missing legitimate cereal. They have cereal here but it just kinda tastes wrong. Never done a lot of research to figure out why, all I know is that I feel a little sad when I eat it. They do have really good granola though to keep things positive. 

This week we worked a lot with our guy Rizi! He is the coolest little 9 year old kid. We started working with him back when Elder Rowley was here and he has come so far. It has been amazing to see him light up and start loving to learn about the gospel. He is also the youngest of a family of 7 kids (that is HUGE here. Like kinda unheard of huge.) and all of his older siblings and parents are baptized but pretty inactive. Anyways, because of Rizis interest in taking the lessons and being baptized, his family has been quite a bit more active and it has been so awesome! We love him and his family and we're excited for the good influence he will have on all of them. Rizi himself was baptized on Saturday and it was a special day. A lot of people here are sick right now so we didn't have a lot of people at his baptism, but it was still such an amazing experience for everyone who came. Pictures are featured. Awesome day. 

Rizi's baptism was the main highlight of the week and I wanna wrap things up quick since it's getting late, but I also want to share that today Eski and I had one of the dankest pdays of the mission. Probably in my top 3. We drove up the mountain as far as we could in our vehicle *we encountered much snow* and then just started hiking up the road in the thick fog. It was dumping rain too so the ice was really slippery so we were sliding everywhere. So fun. We were absolutely drenched so afterwards we went back to the teaching center to dry off and built a puzzle while eating pizza. Life is good.

Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment

The End *accompanied by very little sleep and long plane rides*

This is indeed the end. The final email. I hope any of you have enjoyed reading some of these and seeing pictures from the amazing work out ...