Monday, April 11, 2022

Greenhouses and a Sick Donkey

Ayooo sorry it's been a couple weeks again. All I can say is I decided to sacrifice writing this email last week for a very special someone (you know who you are) so I'll have to catch each of you up in this one. Honestly everything significant has happened in this last week anyways so it totally works out. 

First and foremost BAM we had transfers again and BAM I'm still here in Lushnjë. I'm gonna be here a while so I hope that's not a surprise. And what a lucky man I am now because I'm serving here with my boy Elder Skene! He is one of two elders in the mission that is shorter than me so I actually, unbelievably, am taller than my companion probably for the first and the last time hahaha. Its definitely a special experience! It's been fun too because the guy is an absolute dawg. We've been spending a lot of time goofing off and talking about important things like lego star wars and avatar the last airbender. We've got a good mutual support system thing going on while we work here alone in this wonderful city. I expect he'll stay here for a couple transfers at least so I'm sure you'll hear a lot about the weird stuff we do together. 

Anyways, events. One of great significance was that basically 90% of our time this last week was given in service to a member here. We have been working on her farm, specifically on her cement/rebar greenhouse structures as she's working to get them re-covered with plastic so they can be all functioning again for planting this year. This meant that we took a bunch of cloth scraps and wrapped/tied this stuff around the rebar up in the air while standing on boards suspended between the rebar. It was super fun. We spent every full day that didn't rain out in that fshat wrapping those bars and we got cooked because nobody had sunscreen. So, as a result, Elder Skene and I have now absorbed about a bottle and a half of aloe vera into our skin. My skin has honestly never felt healthier and now I've got a nice tan. Gotta love it. 

I also made a friend. Her name is Majola and she is a donkey who is very sick. I mean that in a literal sense. She has snot constantly hanging from her face and a lot of bombs came from her rear end while we were working there. Anyways, we are buds even though she kinda nasty. 

Pday today also took us up to durres for a beach party with basically all of Albania. Kinda do miss the smaller get togethers but I will appreciate what we got while we got it. Lushnje is in the perfect place for pday because we can drive just about everywhere with how central it is. Blessings. 

I think we will buy an aloe vera plant. Updates to come on that. Love you guys!!! Send me email updates on your lives because I feel out of the loop because in reality I totally am. 

Me dashuri, Elder Jakob Milli

Lushnje Week 6

Lushnje Week 7

No comments:

Post a Comment

The End *accompanied by very little sleep and long plane rides*

This is indeed the end. The final email. I hope any of you have enjoyed reading some of these and seeing pictures from the amazing work out ...