Monday, March 14, 2022

Mirë

I have no title for this week. I also have no clue what to write. This might be short hahahaha. I have two things and I couldn't think of a clever title for either of them so yeah. I've wanted to make sure those of you that actually read these still have your exciting weekly updates though so I am making this sacrifice for you rather than just not writing at all. Shijoje

First off - we had an incredible mother's day activity on Tuesday which was so hype. We had all of our active women come except one I believe and then another 3 that I didn't even recognize came! A miracle to be sure. They were very happy to be gathered together for an activity again finally. I think it's been since before covid that they've done anything like that so that were very pleased. We had a great lesson with them all, scrambled to get them sufllaqe and desserts to eat, then helped transport them all back to their various villages in the rain. Super fun super cool. I live for the old ladies now. Hopefully we can keep meeting and helping old nenas in the future. Love to see it. 

Other highlight - my boy Elder Koch came down to Lushnjë on Wednesday and we had a dope exchange. It was a party and it was our first time genuinely spending a day in the mission serving around each other since we were so tragically separated when we got the country. We have always been on opposite ends of the mission, until now when he is serving as my beloved zone leader in my very own district. I'm so honored and privileged. It was so good though. The guy is a dog and we did some good work visiting nenas and delivering food and stuff. We also had someone steal all our cookies and FHE which was hype. An experience to remember for sure. We've got some interesting characters here in Lushnjë. At the end of it all, we made some really really really fat byrek together haha. Definitely went crazy on the gjiz. I think I got some pictures of that for you guys.

Oh and I guess another surprise thing to share. Today was the last day of "summer days" here which was super cool. Went to Elbasan for the big festival and ate some good cookies. We missed an epic concert which was kinda sad. But all is well because it was good regardless. I think I got a picture of the crowd as well. It was quite packed. Parking was a nightmare. 

That's all folks. Tune in next time to see if anything crazy happened in Lushnjë. That would be cool. 

Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment

The End *accompanied by very little sleep and long plane rides*

This is indeed the end. The final email. I hope any of you have enjoyed reading some of these and seeing pictures from the amazing work out ...